Real estate data company LINK reported that themedian price for condos in many downtown Boston neighborhoods rose almost 10 percent in 2015 from the previous year, according to aBostonGlobearticle.
Prices for luxury condosrose at double that rate.
Its almost as though were approaching Manhattan prices, said Debra Taylor Blair, president of LINK. Demand for urban living is high.
Demand is seen as largely driven by empty nesters looking to leave the suburbs, and by international buyers.Higherpriced luxury condominium buildings such as22 Liberty,50 Liberty, the Tishman Speyer Pier 4 condos, and One Dalton are in line to open in the next couple of years. Millennium Tower is scheduled to open later in 2016.LINK president Debra Taylor Blairbelieves that developments such as these aresetting the prices for those that follow.
Read The Boston Globe'sBoston Condo Market Hit New Heights in 2015.
Boston Real Estate Headlines:
- South Boston Real Estate: Luxury Condo Building Proposed for A Street
- U.S. Home Builder Confidence Held Steady in January
- Boston Real Estate: Foreign Real Estate Investors Target Boston
- Boston Redevelopment Authority Approves $732.5M in New Projects
- Gibson Sothebys International Realty Exceeds the Billion Dollar Mark for a Third Consecutive Year