#BostonRedevelopment #BostonRealEstateThe City of Boston has received a total of 133 design idea entries to replace thesoon-to-be-dismantled Northern Avenue Bridge, according to a Boston Globe article. The ideas competition closed this week, and $15,000 in prize money was awarded to those considered the best submissions.The award recognition came from Boston Society of Architects president Tamara Roy and from Boston's Mayor Walsh.
By opening this competition up to the public, we heard from architects, designers, historians, and members of our community who took an interest in what the future of the Northern Ave. Bridge should look like, Walsh said in a statement. The ideas and conversation that we sparked during the process are tremendously valuable as we take the next step to design a new bridge, and I thank all who participated.
Ideas included green spaces, a greenhouse, bike paths and pedestrian walkways.Read the Boston Globe's Big Ideas (and lots of them) for the Northern Avenue Bridge.Here'smore about the competition.Doyou have questions about buying or selling Boston real estate?In my 24+ years in the Boston real estate market, Ive made it my priority to develop anextensive knowledge of the city, neighborhoods, buildings, people, and the many issues involved in the local real estate market.Would you like to know what your property is worth?Please call me at617-584-9790, or email me by clicking the blue button below.
Boston Real Estate Headlines:
- Buyer Confidence & Strong Economy Drive Sales Up in May
- Bostons Government Center Garage Project Gets a Name
- Three Boston Projects to Keep Your Eye On
- Surge of the Boston Seaport
- Prepping Your Home for Sale
- Boston Living: Rooftop Grilling Laws
Featured Boston Real Estate:
- 124 Beacon Street #GF, Back Bay $479,000
- 1721 Washington Street #509, South End $750,000
- 440 Commercial Street #603, Waterfront $949,900