The almost 60-year-old Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA)will changeits name next Tuesday, a WBUR article reported yesterday.The shift to the name of Boston Planning and Development Agency (BPDA) is meant to more accurately describe the agency's function.Aware that it haddeveloped a less than favorable reputation, the BRA wantsdialogue with city residents and neighborhoodsto bepart of its planning process. Agency director Brian Goldenhopes the rebranding will lead to stronger public support and approval:
There are still far too many people, far too many community organizations that view the organization negatively, and we think that by emphasizing planning, by being in the neighborhoods talking about planning, receiving meaningful input from the people of Boston, and adopting planning documents that can accommodate quality future development, we will have greater public support, greater legitimacy and greater credibility, Golden said.
Read WBUR's The Boston Redevelopment Authority is Getting a New Name.Doyou have plans to relocate to Boston?Are youthinking about where to livein Boston?Im always ready to help with your questions about buying or selling Boston homes or condos.Please call meat617-584-9790, or email me using the blue link right below.
Boston Real Estate Headlines:
- Tiny House Zoning Regulations: What You Need to Know
- Chinese Buyers are Snapping Up Luxury Condos in Boston
- Foreign Investment Surging in Boston
- Bostons Second Trader Joes to Open Near Harvard Next Year
- Harbor Garage Development Plans Shrink Again
- Despite Limited Inventory Greater Boston Market Continues to Boom
Featured Boston Real Estate:
- 580 Washington Street #15E, Midtown $1,600,000
- 587 East Broadway #4, South Boston $699,000
- 40 Worcester Street #1, South End $1,245,000