#BostonRedevelopment #BostonRealEstateThe once beautiful, now decrepit, former Alexandra Hotel in Boston's South End has twopotential buyers, according to the Boston Sun.After community activists requested that the Boston Planning and Development Agency (BPDA) take the site byeminent domain, the agencymade inquiries with its owners The Church of Scientology:
Our goal was first to engage and see if we could do anything to encourage them to take positive steps to encourage development, said Golden [BPDA director]. We learned the building was up for sale and they are closing in on finalizing a sale with a purchaser. Our understanding is that right now they have narrowed the field of suitors for the building to two. Selecting one of them is imminent.
Read the Boston Sun's BPDA's Eminent Domain Inquiries for Neighbors Bring About Potential Sale of Alexandra Hotel.If you have questions about buying or selling homes in the Boston real estate market, please call me at617-584-9790, orsend me an email via the linkbelow.
Boston Real Estate Headlines:
- Boston Housing Prices Heading Toward Thanksgiving
- Strong Buyer Activity Throughout Greater Boston in September
- Downtown Boston Neighborhood Named to States Most Endangered Historic Resources List
- New Report Says Millennials Seriously Influencing Housing Market
Featured Boston Real Estate:
- 59 Commercial Wharf #4, Waterfront $1,088,000
- 37 Mount Vernon #4, Beacon Hill $1,300,000
- 580 Washington Street #15E, Midtown $1,600,000