A 120 x 13wall along Boston's Charles River Esplanade will get its first professionally commissioned mural by the first week of September, according to Boston Magazine. The colorful mural, designed by Boston artist Silvia Lopez Chavez, will feature visual graphics intended to reflect the patterns that happen through public interaction with the space. Think bikes, boats, airplanes, roads, etc. The mural's title: Patterned Behavior.The work will have good visibility from several directions, and will express the artist's vision of connectivity in the city:
In a press release, Chavez said the Esplanade is my favorite part of the city where many people and activities intersect and connect in meaningful ways. That really speaks to me, since I am always striving to create art that builds connections. This mural is certainly a reflection of that.
Lopez Chavez is a mixed media painter, monoprint maker, and muralist. More of her work can be seen here.
You can also read Curbed Boston's Charles River Esplanade's First Commissioned Artwork: 'Patterned Behavior'.Do youhavequestions about buying or selling Boston homes or condos? If so, please feel free to get in touch. You can call me at617-584-9790, orsend me an email via the linkbelow.
Boston Real Estate Headlines:
- You Can Officially Move into Lovejoy WharfJust Leave Your Car
- UMASS Boston Wants to Bring Harvard Square to Dorchester
- BPDA Approves 110 Savin Hill Project in Dorchester
- Freddie Mac Pulls the Plug on Low Downpayment Loans
Featured Boston Real Estate:
- 462 Shawmut Avenue, #2, South End $1,475,000
- 1 Charles Street S, #703, Back Bay $1,220,000
- 25 Brighton Street, #2, Charlestown $699,000