Boston's Winthrop Square Tower development plan has been in the news a lot the past year. The tower's plan calls for condoson the top 36 floors, with offices, retail, and public space on the lower ones. There's been a lot of debate over its proposed height of 775 feet.It now looks like the developer will reduce the height to avoid sending Logan International Airport flights onto different paths, according to a Boston Herald article. Millennium Partners received notice from the Federal Aviation Administration of a presumed hazard with the 775 foot tall plan.Millennium Partner principal Joe Larkin responded accomodatingly:
Weve consulted at great length with Mayor (Martin J.) Walsh and the Boston Planning & Development Agency, and we will not be proposing a building that has any impact on flight paths in or out of Logan International Airport.
Read the Boston Herald's Developer: Flight Paths Mean Tower Will Be Shorter.If youhavequestions about buying or selling Boston real estate, please call me at617-584-9790, orsend me an email via the linkbelow.
Boston Real Estate Headlines:
- Boston Price Comparison: What $600,000 Gets You Around the City Right Now
- South Boston Condo Development Would Replace Three Buildings
- Sold Out: All of Slip65s Condos Snapped Up in 50 Days
Featured Boston Real Estate:
- 4 Avon Street, #4, Cambridge $758,000
- 257 Northampton Street, #508, Boston $985,000
- 1723 Washington Street, #206, South End $925,000